Thursday, June 26, 2008

A Sweeter Aroma©07

Photography by Anders Rasmussen-Denmark©08

I walk in my garden and listen to the wind and give thanks for it cools me and my solitude is a balm to the spirit because for so long my spirit belonged to someone else that earned it naught…


To be here in this right now for a good man, a honorable man that earned the right to my heart…
He leaves behind a much sweeter aroma, his weak point overlooked…
While the music of his life lingered, dancing in the fibers of my soul.

She leaves behind a sweeter aroma, wrapped in a memory that time renovated.
Her bruised aches have gone away leaving behind only a whisper of promises
Of superior moments to come.

They left behind a sweeter aroma encased in silk and old linen memories…
In session on a handsome table Sunday morn before the sun broke & smile…
After a stunning night spent at Café du Monde…

In fact, with sweetened chocolate and beignets
Doing a meringue’ wrapped in a pas de deux with my now and my has not been.

I came into a sweeter aroma wrapped in golden threads and purple cloth
The beautiful bolt from the rhythm and the blue
Showcased in a Carolina sky declared

“It will be there”…

In its entire splendor as I think of the rapturous wonder to come
All rights reservedJHM©07

No comments: