Thursday, June 12, 2008

If You were to Leave Me08©




08©

You remind me of a sunrise," I said on the day my eyes fell on your face.


And your name becomes my mouth...


Feeling like chilled honeydew melon on parched lips


While Santa Ana winds carried all around me.


That I be in the right place, you to me & I to you & you to thee…


I am as here as I could be gift wrapped by your words...


And a dressing gown of your voice and draped in your smile.


If you were to go away right now it would be like the air stopped at half past not anything...


If you were to leave me now I would be like Shakespeare's...


To be or not to be that is the question whirling on the Ferris wheel...


If your were to leave me now all I would have isA melody of silenced stringed notes…


A cosmic symphony of no mores


That would have an audience of one


Though you may never know of how I deeply I loved you…


I vowed I would never forget you...


Though your name had been quieted by time...


Jubal…


This is what I remembered of love to be like at 16.


All rights reservedJHM912-08©

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love this poem!

Sterline Silver