Saturday, June 7, 2008

The HeART of the Matter ©03




While the water laughed all around me…
And the wind opened its mouth to sing this song to me…

Again...


“I was moving backward on a forward highway
Shall I question ...


Again?


If this is what makes me whole?”
That is, for me, the heart of the matter.

This…
This thing, I am tilted toward…


Is it a renaissance?


Regeneration?

Can this phoenix bend the river’s current to what needs fulfillment?
For me, it is the heart of the matter.

Leading a satisfied life is my heart’s dream.
Throughout my soul are songs reaching for what beyond what I settled for.
Suppressing no more as the bough breaks
The matters of the heart, is for me.


No longer fine with regurgitated whine.
A sad, sad song spinning its wheel...
All that it kicked up was dirt…
But going nowhere in so much hurry.

Can I do it?


Will you do it?
Turn on the light!


Banish the shadows, so I can shine.
That is the heart of the matter.

Let me whisper loudly from my heart’s recesses.
I need to walk proudly graced with dignity.
And preserve all the beauty that is going forwardly through the shining waters.
It is I, the heart that matters.


All rights reserved JHM 13-03©

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Moon

The blog is looking good. I've read a couple of the post, I'll get through the rest. I just wanted to let you know I found my way on. The images are breathtaking.

Road

KcBala77 said...

WOW, Moon!

The photo of the river tugged at my heart and then....I read the poem. I got teary-eyed! This poem speaks to me so very much. I LOVE IT! I must remember to come and read it one days I am doubting myself.
Thank you for sharing your gifts.

KellyB