Thursday, April 21, 2011

Rippling... Never Underestimate how your Life Affects Others

Never underestimate how things will ripple out.  My dearest friend Karen's still continues to affect others in the most possible way.  We celebrate & cherish what we had, still have.  Another poet shared this with me this morning in her honoring Karen's memory...



For My Friend (In Memory of Karen Hurst: Friend to Jacquelyn Hughes Mooney)




By Dana L. Veach ©11

The creamy silk of lilies,
Gardenia’s spiced perfume

Are only pale reminders
Of the rareness of her bloom.



She gave through tears and laughter,
The vibrancy of life.
The world is darker, rougher now
Since she passed from my sight.



The air, how stale without her;
The light, how dim it’s grown.
My friend who shared a lifetime,
Before me, home has flown.



How can I share the wonder 
Of knowing such a friend?
What she meant requires that self
and grief come to their end. 



I’ll carry on in honor.
She’d want no less for me.
As fiercely as she filled my life,
Let me now live so free.



When she watches me from Heaven
May she cheer to watch me try,
With the strength she left, seize life-like her, 
And milk its fullness dry. 



All Rights Reserved DLV © 4-21-2011

1 comment:

Unknown said...

“Perhaps they are not stars, but rather openings in heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy.” --- Eskimo Proverb

I was a classmate of Karen's at Sacred Heart High School. The Class of 1970 were/are a very dynamic group of women. She will be missed at the next reunion.
Rosalyn Woods