Thursday, March 26, 2009

That Smile That Smile

An off chance comment by a friend remarking how all my grandchildrens' beautiful smiles made me think how today because of all what is swirling around us that is negative but absolutely fixable made me think about a poem I wrote a couple of years ago about someone whose smile was so gorgeous it made me smile and inspired the poem below.

And then today despite ones bent on causing needless grief in the cause of being right no matter who is harmed in the process, I found myself smiling over a simple thought of putting in my moon garden in the next few weeks.

For those who wonder what that is, I am planning to have all white flowers from tulips, to calla lillies to hibiscus and others so at night the yard will look as though it is lit up glowing from within which is what I want my heart to be like...

Enjoy in time for National Poetry Month (April)

That Smile That Smile
By Jacquelyn Hughes Mooney ©07

How gorgeous is that smile/That holds the pledge of all things beautiful/ And the joy that comes from/ whatever it takes to get that smile/The promise that /we can work it out/That we bring about/That we do indeed/Be in possession of ourselves/radiates from that smile/ Shall we get to together?/Well just ask that smile/It roars/Yes, yes oh yes/We are doing something new/Not ventured forth/Before that smile/ It shimmies with a bounce of future times/Forward dreams/And cleaves to the possibilities/From yesterday/That laid all out there in that smile.

No comments: