Friday, March 6, 2009

Keep Aiming High wih Action


I haven't had a whole lot to say lately (Metamorphing ain't easy y'all)

It can be painstaking take your breath away I do not want to do this any more wearisome.


However last night I got this easy from an amazing woman and she gave me permission to post it here. It was in regards to an avalanche of emails going around highlightinge mean spirited comments, cartoons you name it its been done in regards to our new President which has been over-the top & in my opinion orchestrated "jibber-jabber" to distract people from what they need to do to raise themsleves up & by doing such can raise us all up.


As the saying goes "A rising tide raises all ships"...


No matter what side of the fence you sit or like me not at the fence at all I think there is a lesson we can all take in her eloquent remarks...



Flying with a President who is an adult.




"sticks and stones will break my bones but words will never hurt me?"
I think it is not always true, but I think it is time that we adopt thatstance when it comes to our new President.


In the past few days i have gotten about 10 emails about the offensive NewYork post cartoon about President Obama and 6 and counting emails about theinsult that a Barnes and Noble in Coral Gables FL may have visited on himbut putting a book about chimps in a window display of books about the Prezand the first family.


I have been "invited" to boycott Barnes and Noble for this and the New YorkPost.
I am not going to do either...the first reason is all my friends who live in New York tell me that theyknow that the Post is a fish wrapper rag... I do not read it when I am inNew York and I do not read it when I am not in New York...And second the Barnes and Noble window incident may have been done by astupid customer.


IF we are going to boycott something or get up in arms about something, whynot the state of the schools in the our communities?


In my local school system, they are cutting out summer school, and havetoyed with the idea of 4 day a week school and not having substituteteachers if the teacher is out less than 4 days...Why? because our legislators are to lily livered to raise taxes to fullyfund schools.


Only about 30% of high school seniors graduate here in South Carolina...
We, in South Carolina, rank 49th in education in the nation but we areleading the nation in STD's among our youth....


Why are we not grabbing young boys off the streets and teaching them abouthow to use a condom and why it is important to use one every time? Why arewe ourselves not telling our young men, that yes they can be President?And why are we not going in and getting the guns out of the hands of ourchildren?


Why are we not teaching our girls that they are powerful special andvaluable and they do not need to grow up to be an entertainer, or an unwedmother, but they could be a doctor, scientist or pilot...?
Why are people who can get up in arms about these not very important slightsto Obama stories, not kicking down the school house door demanding thatschools be fully funded, or that the prison industrial complex bedismantled.


If we are looking for something to protest, we just have to look in our ownback yards.But that would require that we DO something more than just sending anenraged email to our lists...


Barack Obama is a big boy. He is a MAN, he is *the most powerful man on theplanet.***He does not need protecting from a bad practical joke.


He must also be the most thick skinned man on the planet...


He ran a presidential campaign and rarely if ever responded to the crap saidabout him or got in the fray...


We could all take a lesson from this MAN.


He needs us to band together and focus on what is wrong in our nation and tostart working on real solutions.


And as for the NY Post photo, being upset by something that was in the NYPost is almost as silly as being upset by something you see in the NationalInquirer.


Have a nice day and try to be the change you want to see in the world.


*Keep aiming high with action.*Cookie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen, well spoken, I concur, om.