Tuesday, November 25, 2008


If you were to leave me ©08



You remind me of a sunrise," I said

on the day my eyes fell on your face.
And your name becomes my mouth,
Feeling like chilled honeydew melon on parched lips
While Santa Ana winds carried on all around me.
That I be in the right place, you to me & I to you & you to thee…
I am as here as I could be gift wrapped by your words,
And a dressing gown of your voice and draped in your smile.
If you were to go away right now it would be like the air stopped at half past not anything
If you were to leave me now I would be like Shakespeare’s
To be or not to be that is the question whirling on the Ferris wheel
If your were to leave me now all I would have is
A melody of silenced stringed notes…,
A cosmic symphony of no mores
That would have an audience of one
Though you may never know of how I deeply I loved you…
I vowed I would never forget you
Though your name had been quieted by time
Jubal…
This is what I remembered of love to be like at 16.
All rights reservedJHM912-08©

No comments: