Friday, October 3, 2008

Another Time ..Another Place






Photographs rights reserved JHM©08

We can’t become what we need by remaining what we are~Max Dupree
I was taken to a place in Durham, NC that I did not know existed last week. And my guide was a mathametician, a colleague and a fellow New Orleans that relocated to Durham after the Katrina Diaster. She found this place with she used as a respite to aid her as she process and healed her life.


The place is called "The West Point on the Eno" with the Eno being the Eno River. And it was gorgeous, peaceful and lush. We walked around and I left her at one point of the river to search and was satisfied in much of what filled my eyes.


One of the things that intrigued me was this old paper mill that was wonderfully intact and as I walked across the brdge and looked around it made me think of the people's whose lives once upon a time was dependent on this simple but complex structure for their livelihood.

No comments: