Thursday, May 14, 2009

Chris Gardner;"Start Where You Are" Book


Start Where You Are: Life Lessons On Getting From Where You Are to Where You Want to Be,”




Number one life lessons that I have learned, lessons that I got from other people that inspired me, such as find your button. What is the one thing that turns you on to the point that the sun can't up soon enough because you want to go and do your thing?


Number two: Plan B sucks. There is no plan B. When you're doing something you're truly passionate about, there is no plan B.


Number three - well, some folks will talk about - you've got to have something to fall back on. We all have something to fall back on already. It's called a butt, okay? When you have fallen back on your butt, one of the things you have to ask yourself sometimes is 'How did I get here?' This is the part of the book that a lot of folks might not feel comfortable with. The truth of the matter is, sometimes we have to say, "I drove here," meaning I have some responsibility in the circumstances and conditions that are now my life.” - "The Glenn Beck Show” (2009)~Chris Gardner


“Look, you know what I do know? All this could be real crazy. But I do believe, with all my heart, that some of the things that I had to go through were God's way of getting me ready for what He wants me to do." - Fortune (2006)~Chris Gardener

“Passion is everything. In fact, you've got to be borderline fanatical about what you do. Be bold enough to find the one thing that you are passionate about. It might not be what you were trained to do. But be bold enough to do the one thing. Nobody needs to dig it but you.” ~Chris Gardener

No comments: