Friday, January 15, 2010

All I Could Say~Adding my Voice,Haiti



I saw for the 1st time today some of the heart rending images coming out of the capital...


I had not been able before today see them as know how tender my heart is & could not look, not then, not now, especially having gone through my absolutely pale by comparison trials myself. I thoght it would be too much...

It is too much...
And I am only an observer...

For me, it would trivilize more then I would want to compare the two situations or say as many may have already said, that it humbled me or made me see my situation differently.

I saw the face of this man, who knew hs wife was dead in the rubble and would not leave her side, keeping vigil with tears running down his face and the 1st words of this poem shouted out in my head.

It is a small thing but it is all I could say...




All I Could Say~Through His Tears
All I Can Say à travers ses larmes

By Jacquelyn Hughes Mooney ©10



Through his tears
Know you are no t alone…
Some will tsk, tsk, tsk
Many will groan
Some will weaken while another grow strong
In the midst of the unbelievable…
Incomprehensible
Mind shattering
Earth rattling
Testifying
Soul-filled wails…
In a crescendo scale rippling around the world
Know you are not alone…
Even in His tears…
And ours…
You will not be forsaken…
This time the world is not only listening
They are hearing
We shall…
We must
Yes we can...
We have to…
For the next time…
It may be us.
For Haiti and all of us worldwide
.. God help us all….

No comments: