Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Brownies, Wildflowers, Peaches & Everything...

 I was delighted one of my classmate from my counseling class stopped by today and brought me a homemade brownie wrapped in wax paper. I almost creid when she told me this tradition in her family. It was very nice today to share for a second in someone's family's tradition, especially sionce I do not have MY family near. It was very very nice. (And yummy).


As Iturned to go back into the house I suddendly realized that I had accidently left one of my hanging plants outside in the freezing cold the last few nights, but there it was alive not only kickin' but thriving enough despite the cold produced a bloom!  These were not flowers that normally will bloom in Dec let along in 29 degree weather.  But there it was.


Immediately the song "Wildflower" started whirling around in my head with the song Wild Fire but I solved the trivia mystery knowing it was Wildflower I was pay attention to. 

www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyKXW3ioY1Q&feature=relate d

 I looked to it that humble plant despite the freezing air not only stood firm, but was fierce enough to produce a bloom.  As I picked it up I got the connection for myself and carried it gently into the house.  




Then I was delighted to receive an email with a song that for me is as captivating now as the first time I heard it.  But this was from a concert called "Black Girls Rock".  The song original performed by the late Nina Simone was also featured in the Soundtrack for the movie "For Colored Girls who Considered Suicide when the Rainbow is Enuf".


2010 featuring Kelly Price, Marsha Ambrosius, Jill Scott & Ledisi:


www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhT8PSiBZz8&NR=1

And a 2009 version featuring one of my favorite vocalist Lizz Wright, jazz vocalist Diana Reeves & Nina Simone's daughter Laura Izibor:

 www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWOVrwe1Zw&feature=related

For me it was a good respite for a day and a moment to rest the soul...







Well Done ©08

 
By Jacquelyn Hughes Mooney08©

On this autumn/spring/winter/summer day I flew

Over fresh to wander ocean sand..

River ribbons, beautiful blue

Flowing softly through the land

And the moon said "Well done..."

At seeing while in repose all that could embraced

Shrouded in moon hues’ lace

For the hearts undone and the ones that still need singing

The prisms’ delighted flush kept right on winging

To the heavens where the angels shouted in applause...

For all the beauty of today that indeed had been done.
All rights reservedJHM5-5-08©


No comments: